The world have heard stories of geniuses and most successful business people. Many of them whose mistakes and lessons are used as foolproof today to build many more of such businesses. Startups and small business owners are people willing to take any risks to start their own businesses, build ideas and provide relevant solutions to people’s problems.
Often on their journey, most are faced with many challenges and setbacks. Some of these challenges are enduring, but not all are willed to survive them. From the stories and lessons of other successful entrepreneurs, who were people with skills, great talents and enduring courage; almost all rising entrepreneurs inspires themselves with their success and failed stories.
Rising entrepreneurs need no less of these skills and talents to build successful businesses and while they face the hard tasks ahead, they are reassured it is possible.
Here are 31 of some rare business quotes from highly successful entrepreneurs for our startup and small business owners.
1. “Successful businesses are not built on one good brain, unless you’re planning to fail good”. – Harmony Attise, Ceo of Commec Ghana, Writer.
2. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill, Author.
3. “We have a startup plan, its called doing things”. – Herb Kelleher, co-founder. Chairman Emeritus and Fmr. Ceo of Southwest Airlines.
4. “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.” – Henry Ford, Founder of Ford motor company.
5. “The entrepreneurs that really make it are the ones that start with an idea but ready to change it at a moment’s notice”. – Jeremy Stoppelman, CEO of Yelp
6. “Happy employees lead to happy customers, which leads to more profits.” – Vaughn Aust, EVP of Integrated Solutions.
7. “We watch our competitors, learn from them, see the things that they were doing for customers and copy those things as much as we can”. – Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon
8. “Employees want to feel inspired by their leaders, hire individuals who will lead by example.” – Jody Kohner, VP of Employee Marketing & Engagement, Salesforce
9. “The golden rule for every businessman is this; put yourself in your customer’s place”. – Orison Swett Marden, Author & founder of Success magazine.
10. “The only way you are going to have success is to have lots of failures first.” – Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google
11. “All lasting business is built on friendship”. – Alfred A. Montaper, Author.
12. “No one is born a ceo, but no one tells you that. The magazine stories make it sound like Mark Zuckerberg woke up one day and wanted to redefine how the world communicates by creating a billion-dollar company. He didn’t.” -Andrew W. “drew” Houston, Founder & ceo of dropbox
13. “If you believe business is built on relationships, make building them your business”. – Scott Stratten, Author.
14. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” — Biz stone, twitter co-founder.
15. “Business is the salt of life”. – Voltaire, Writer, Author.
16. “The only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” – Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook
17. “Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers”. – Seth Godin, Entrepreneur, Author.
18. “No company can afford not to move forward. It may be at the top of the heap today but at the bottom of the heap tomorrow, if it doesn’t.” – James Cash Penney, founder of JC Penney
19. “Quality is the best business plan”. – John Lasseter, Chief creative officer of Pixar
20. “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” – Dhirubhai Ambani, founder of Reliance Industries
21. “Start your business by doing every job by yourself. It’s the only way to learn what you need and who will then be best able to do it for you”. – Danielle Newnham, Writer.
22. “To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart.” – Thomas Watson, Sr., former CEO of IBM
23. “The purpose of a business is to create a customer who creates customers”. – Shiv Singh, Artist.
24. “Employees want to feel inspired by their leaders, hire individuals who will lead by example.” – Jody Kohner, VP of Employee Marketing & Engagement, Salesforce
25. “Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it. – William Durant, co-founder of General Motors
26. “I think a single rule of business is; if you do the things that are easier first, then you can actually make a lot of progress”. – Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder
27. “If you are not embarrassed by your first product, you’ve launched too late”. – Reid Hoffman, co-founder and executive chairman of LinkedIn
28. “Business has only two functions – marketing and innovation”. – Milan Kundera, French Writer & Author
29. “A startup is a company that is confused about 1. What its product is, 2.who its customers are, 3. How to make money”. – Dave McClure, Founder, Fmr. CEO of 500 startups.
30. “A satisfied customer is the best business strategy of all”. –Michael LeBoeuf, Business author & fmr. Management professor at University of New Orleans
31. “Making money is an art and working is art and good business is the best art”. – Andy Warhol, Artist
Didn’t see your favorite quotes? Share them with us via comments below.